Family Only – Restricting Your Website Content
I have two separate branches of my family tree on my WordPress website. I only want family members to be able to view those trees.
In fact, I don’t want family members from the first branch to see the tree for the second branch and vice versa.
I will have hundreds of pages that need to be restricted.
How do I accomplish this? (SPOILER – vanilla WordPress can’t handle it without a plugin)
- I need to be able to easily add family members to a group
- I need the option of adding a family member to more than one group
- I need to be able to restrict pages AND posts
- I need to be able to see who is in each group easily
- I need to be able to manually add members to a group
- I need to be able to manually approve group membership when a user requests it
This is what I will be demonstrating in this course.